Hanwha Announces New Wisenet WAVE PoE NVRs and WAVE 4.1
Embedded WAVE VMS brings powerful capabilities to price conscious NVR market
Teaneck, NJ, September 22, 2020– Hanwha Techwin, a global supplier of IP and analog video surveillance solutions, today announced a new line of NVRs (Network Video Recorders) that include its powerful Wisenet WAVE video management software (VMS). Designed for small to medium-sized video surveillance installations, the new, affordable NVRs deliver a complete video management and recording solution in a rack mountable chassis with no need to install a separate server.
With a focus on ease of use and installation, the 8 channel Wisenet WRN-810S and 16 channel WRN-1610S NVRs provide users with a seamlessly integrated, pre-configured package that can be set up in minutes. Built-in PoE+ switches further reduce cost and save installation time by supplying ample power to cameras directly.
“By embedding our fully-featured WAVE VMS software directly within these NVRs, we are able to offer powerful capabilities to a new tier of the market,” said Ray Cooke, Vice President – Products, Solutions, and Integration, Hanwha Techwin America. “Version 4.1 of WAVE makes this possible with a host of new features including AI forensic search tools, analytics ROI configuration from the desktop and mobile push notifications.”
Having the WAVE VMS software running inside an NVR unlocks new capabilities such as:
- Complete customization of the system for the unique requirements of an organization
- Ability to monitor PoE port power consumption as well as toggle each port on and off.
- Control over the embedded I/O block with the ability to tie event rules to I/O activity.
- Access to WAVE Sync for full remote access
- Mobile push events can be sent to the WAVE mobile app as events occur
- Utilize the latest onboard analytics such as AI object detection, mask detection, occupancy monitoring and more directly from a single interface
- Unified expandable licensing system that expands as an organization grows
- The WRN-810S and WRN-1610S NVRs include four WAVE Pro licenses.
The new NVRs come with WAVE version 4.1, the latest release of Hanwha Techwin’s simple but powerful VMS. The latest release contains significant new features including:
- Full integration with Hanwha AI cameras for deep forensic search with added functionality for enhanced object classification and detection. Keyword search options enable filtering by corresponding object attributes including gender, top and bottom clothing color, vehicle type and color and bag detection.
- Push notifications enable operators to create rules which will send a notification to the mobile client of any selected users.
- System Health Monitoring displays a system’s health status and helps support teams respond to customer issues more quickly.
- New embedded Chromium browser is compatible with most web pages and applications. Operators can now combine web-based interfaces with a system for “soft integrations” of devices and services.
“With mobile push notifications, every time the camera sees someone not wearing a face mask, it can send out a notification to a mobile app user,” comments Cooke. “Using the combined power of our AI cameras allows us to do very powerful analytics on lower cost processors like those inside an NVR.”
For more information please contact:
Véronique Froment or Doug Hansel
Tel: +1 603-537-9248
If you like it, share it.
About Hanwha Vision America
Hanwha Vision (formerly Hanwha Techwin) has been leading the global video surveillance industry with world-class optical design, image processing and cybersecurity technologies for more than 30 years. As it broadens its business to become a global vision solution provider, Hanwha Vision will deliver more valuable and meaningful insights to customers by collecting key information and providing big data analytics utilizing AI and cloud technologies.
Hanwha Vision, a global vision solution provider, has reached a cumulative production of 10 million units in its Vietnam-based manufacturing facility just five years after beginning operations at the site.This…
Hanwha Vision’s New CSMO, Choong Hoon Ha Aspires to “Accelerate Company’s Growth as a Global Vision Solution Provider by Building upon North America’s Success Story”
Choong Hoon Ha, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer (CSMO) at Hanwha Vision The year 2022 marked a historic milestone for Hanwha Vision. For the first time in its history, the…
Teaneck, NJ, October 17, 2023 – Hanwha Vision is adding powerful new audio capabilities and an enhanced layer of security to its line of advanced surveillance systems with its new IP…
Global solutions provider will focus on expanding uses of AI, business data, analytics, and specialized surveillance devices to enhance overall operational efficiency Teaneck, NJ, September 11, 2023 – Hanwha Visionis showcasing…